Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Actual Thoughts on Wanted

Because this isn't gonna be about the hotness of James McAvoy.

Okay, I lied. *drools*

It is, perhaps, the most awesome film ever made. I can't think of any film that made me more anxiously giggly, and brain-horny too. Obviously the violence, and the supreme hotness, but also because IT GOT MORGAN FREEMAN TO SWEAR! TWICE! That alone made the film's existence acceptable. Then again, though, there are like 37 other things that made it worth my $9. Among them:

-- James McAvoy.
-- Exploding rats.
-- Angelina Jolie being kick-ass.
-- James McAvoy's eyes.
-- Terence Stamp.
-- THE ACTION SEQUENCES.
-- James McAvoy making out with Angelina Jolie, even briefly.
-- The cinematography was oddly incredible.
-- Expendable human life on a surprising and exciting level.
-- Thomas Kretschmann's accent.
-- James McAvoy + starring role.
-- That wasn't mindless, people.
-- James McAvoy.
-- A FREQUENTLY WET & SHIRTLESS James McAvoy.
-- Angelina Jolie's distressingly skinny arms.
-- Have I mentioned James McAvoy enough?

You get the point.

There is one sort of negative thing, though: I don't know why, but if Jimmy was trying to make his American accent sound like Shia LaBeouf, he was effective. Now, I like Shia and his voice (and his everything), but having my future-husband sound like him was very off-putting. But then they'd show a close-up of those incredible baby blues and I forgot about any quarrels I'd ever have with the film, and thankfully there were very few. Rating: A Seriously!

Just to warn ya'll, the second the DVD comes out, I'll bombard this place with 3000 screencaps of Mac-licious goodness. So watch out for that.

In personal news My internet is being a schizo bitch at the moment, so posting through the rest of the week will presumably be limited, if at all.

9 comments:

FDot said...

Can't disagree here with anything you said about Wanted. It was a great summer flick.

Have you seen a small budget horror film called The Pool? It's an early McAvoy role...and you get 20 minutes of him in a bathing suit.

nick plowman said...

I am so thrilled you loved it, I knew you would.

It rocks.

Anonymous said...

I saw "the Pool", awful B Horror flick but James is cutie, hot and "virginal" (He was in early twenty when he did "The Pool")-YES, I'm little bit perv...

Thank you j.d., you convince me see the film "Wanted". I like Angelina Jolie and James is smoking hot!!!.

By the way:

WHERE'S THE SCRENPLAY??!! ON UNLEAST A SHORT STORY ABOUT A CRAZY AND SEXY AFFAIR BETWEEN MCAVOY AND GARREL!!

J.D. said...

I'm working on it, I'm working on it! LOL. ;)

Caitlin said...

OMG J.D.

That last picture of McAvoy? Makes my head go boom! You just made a bad day really, really good. :D

J.D. said...

Well, you know me, always there to help. ;)

PJ said...

Yum. Agreed.

Anonymous said...

I loved Wanted. I give it 8/10. It's mean't for pure mindless entertainment. It's not mean't to be taken seriously.

Anonymous said...

I really loved Wanted. 8/10
It wasn't a masterpiece, nor is it in the league of Kill Bill or The Matrix. But it was fun mindless entertainment.