Monday, June 28, 2010

Speaking of Marina...

Heh, I gush about her psychotically, and then her newest video comes out a few hours later. It's serendipity! This is "Oh No!," one of the best pop songs I've heard in forever.


The behind the scenes vid promised a bright, shiny, pseudo-'90s, neon explosion, AND THEY WEREN'T LYING. In terms of standing out and making its case in barely three minutes time, just like the song, it's very much a success, and surprisingly relevant TO the song itself! You can tell it could conceivably be what Marina was visualizing while writing it. Even, hopefully, things like this (OMG):

I mean, it's a bit more genius than I can handle right now, and I adore it immensely right off the bat (note: I'm probably biased and pre-judging). Does the video for "Hollywood" pale in comparison to this? A little bit, yeah. But again, BIASED OVER THE FACT THE SONG IS BRILLIANT. She's so beautiful, too... not that it's a difficult feat for her. Gah, I love her so much. Just in case I haven't made that clear enough!

And yes, I do want that dress.

3 comments:

MrJeffery said...

love her!

Reel Whore said...

Awesome song, thanks for turning me onto it, and her. She's killer!

J.D. said...

Yay, I've made converts. :D